View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Hmmmm...I placed an order yesterday for a '14 X3 35i. I did my research using the price list on this site. I chose Nav (609) and not the Tech Pkg (ZTP). The price diff was $1000 and the Heads Up Display is not worth $1000 to me. I did want the Enhanced USB/Bluetooth because I might need those integration features in the future.

When I got to the dealer I learned about the March 6th config changes that automatically include the 6NS Bluetooth when you chose the Nav (609). No problem, I wanted that anyway. I was kinda ticked at the $150 price increase in the Nav package, but what can you say...the list was current as of 6 Mar and I was operating off old info.

I did not explicitly have him price the tech package since I did not want the heads up display.

However...if the Tech Package (ZTP) is now priced at $3150 and includes 6NS at that price (it did not include 6NS in the original price list as posted on this site), then the heads up display cost just dropped by $500. I need to rethink if the heads up display is worth $500 to me now...

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine