View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
Time to update thread. Service Advisor at Beverly Hills BMW confirmed seats were corroded on February 27 but there was hitch. A "BMW Regional Service Rep" refused to replace the rotting seats in my 10 day old car -- the best he could offer was to "repair" them. Having dealt with numerous mid management flunkies in my day I realized dung flows downhill so I contacted Ludwig Willisch, BMW's CEO, and conveyed my thoughts and feelings.

48 hours later am happy to report the regional service rep's decision was reversed. My new seats are on order from Germany. Good I'm getting what I deserved to begin with -- a new car with defect free seats -- but miffed at Rusnak BMW of Thousand Oaks California, the dealership who sold me car. Rusnak totally turned its back on me, abandoned me! True, I went to BMW of Beverly Hills for this service because they're 90 miles closer roundtrip, but Rusnak sold me this rust bucket and Rusnak showed zero proclivity to own it. They asked me what I want them to do and I said "take responsibility!" That was 4 days ago and I'm still waiting for a response to that email.
I got my car from Rusnak too. The service department there took a quick look at my seats when I took it in and immediately ordered new seat frames, no hassles at all. I'm having them installed later this week.

I'm taking extensive pictures of both doorways before I take it in as I have also heard of damage when replacing them.