View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
Well, suppose selling two rust buckets in one month was too much to bear for Rusnak so they simply ducked responsibility and turned their backs on me. Glad they took care of you my friend, good luck! But Rusnak has made me feel like odd man out.

Curious why BMW's "regional service rep" approved you're replacement and not mine? Rusnak's sales manager claimed its "regional service rep" was same as BMW of Beverly Hills "regional service rep". Rusnak's sales manager stated there was "nothing Rusnak could do". Your post confirms what I suspected, Rusnak is a very sketchy and slippery dealership!
I picked mine up last June. I didn't notice the seat rust until it was reported in the forums and I took a look. Mine isn't too bad compared to the others I've see, but rust is rust and there shouldn't be any.

I don't know why the dealer would duck responsibility, they get paid by BMW NA to fix this stuff under warranty.

I don't even think they had the regional rep there, they just took a look and ordered the parts. There's no indication on the work order that they had to escalate it.

I didn't go through the sales to report this, I just went to service. I don't know if the CA/Sales Manager can do much after the car is delivered.

Did you get the attention of the service manager there? There's no doubt that they know about the issue. It's not just F30's, it affects F20's too.