View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 AM
///M Sport

Mein Auto: 2013 328i EBII M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogmanF30 View Post
I picked mine up last June. I didn't notice the seat rust until it was reported in the forums and I took a look. Mine isn't too bad compared to the others I've see, but rust is rust and there shouldn't be any.

I don't know why the dealer would duck responsibility, they get paid by BMW NA to fix this stuff under warranty.

I don't even think they had the regional rep there, they just took a look and ordered the parts. There's no indication on the work order that they had to escalate it.

I didn't go through the sales to report this, I just went to service. I don't know if the CA/Sales Manager can do much after the car is delivered.

Did you get the attention of the service manager there? There's no doubt that they know about the issue. It's not just F30's, it affects F20's too.
Post #68 outlines the timeline. Your post confirms Rusnak's sales manager went out of his way to mislead me when he stated "We have the same Regional Rep as BH BMW... If you had brought the car to us initially we may have been able to have done more for you, but that being said it is in BMW NA's hands". That was a lie! I physically pointed out the rust to my CA within 48 hours of the sale. Rusnak "looked the other way" leaving me, its customer, to fend for myself. An ethical dealership would have taken responsibility.

2013 Estoril Blue 328i M Sport: Premium, Technology, & Lighting PKG, HK Audio, PDC >Backup Camera, Paddle Shifters, Heated Leather Sport Seats

Last edited by Pappy Pipes; 03-13-2013 at 12:16 AM.