View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 AM

Mein Auto: 640i Grand Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
I get your point, but still have a hard time with the frequency & severity of the problems many have had with new 650's. Another info source from consumer reports surprisingly shows BMW and Benz V8 versions of the same model had much worse reliability
compared to the V6 versions. Very strange. My reading of many posts does bear this out - numerous people reporting bad injectors, fuel pumps, plugs ect. on the 650 V8. Now maybe the 2013/14 models have improved on this, like to hear from some folks with '13's for input. All cars can have problems, but the 6 is a flagship model, I frankly expect better than this for almost 6 figures.

BMW corporate policy is a another concern, look at the poor guy with the CPO 7 series. I mean don't they back up a CPO with any warranty? And I know it's now a throwaway society, but if you can't plan to keep a premium top of the line car past the warranty period, it's a sad state of affairs for sure.
I believe it goes back to the dealer as to what they are willing to do for a customer. As I posted above, I have received exceptional treatment/service from my dealer. They were instrumental in getting me a trade assist in 2007, and will do the same again if the 2013 640i GC is not fixed. I also received my first payment statement and it has a zero balance. BMW Financial has waived the first payment since I am not in the car though I'm driving the dealer's personal 640i GC.

Last edited by Designer Girl; 03-13-2013 at 07:49 PM.