03-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Teller County, Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2005
Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
There are two options:
Originally Posted by Vortec4800
Is the enhanced USB the same as the USB input for iPod etc on the earlier years or is it something new?
6NH Hands-free Bluetooth and USB audio connection
allows you to dial/talk handsfree on your Bluetooth-enabled phone and import/play music via the USB pot from an iPod, MP3 player or USB stick/thumbdrive. In 2013 and 2014 this is standard equipment on both the X3 28i and 35i. In 2004/5 (way back in the dawn of time when the X3 was born from the ooze) this was an extra cost option (included with some package if I recall).
6NS Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone (2014) or
6NL BMW Assist with Enhance Bluetooth and USB (2013)
gives you the ability to stream music over Bluetooth and view & edit your email and calendar on your phone from the car's iDrive system. Features vary quite a bit by phone type. Here is where it gets tricky...
It is these package composition and pricing that we are discussing, especially since it has changed between 2/1/13 and 3/6/13...
- In 2013:
- 6NL was available as a standalone option for $650 MSRP
- Automatically configured in when you ordered Option 609 Navigation and include as part of the $2150 prices
- Included as part of the ZTP Technology Package $3200 price. ZTP includes 609 and Cameras and Park Distance but NO Heads-up Display.
- In 2014, the "BMW Assist" part was split out as a separate option "6AC BMW Assist eCall". BMW Assist eCall is standard equipment in both the X3 28i and 25i.
- 6NS is available as a standalone option for $500
- Included when you order 609 Navigation for $500 extra (Note the difference with bullet two). Nav alone is $2150. With the 6NS it is $2650.
- Included at a no extra cost option when you order the ZTP Tech Package (Nav + Heads-Up display - note the changed content) for $3150
If you want to see what phones & music player s integrate with your car, go to this site:
Enter your phone and the type of Bluetooth/USB (regular or enhanced) and you'll get a list of supported features for that specific phone and carrier. USA site. There are probably similar sites in other countries.
Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)
"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine