View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Please don't be insulted if this sounds like a stupid question, but when you had the problem, did the dash indication still show you were in "DS?" If you happen to nudge the shift lever in DS mode, it goes into manual mode, e.g., if it accidentally got into 1st or 2nd gear, I assume the engine rev limiter would limit your speed to whatever the max engine revs are. I myself have in the past accidentally put it into manual mode when shifting into DS and wondered why it wasn't shifting until I looked at the dash and saw "M1" instead of "DS" and realized I had held onto the shifter a second or two after moving it into DS and accidentally put it into Manual Mode.

Thank you for your comment! I actually looked at the Dash and am sure it was in DS mode. Having said that, what you are saying makes sense. I wonder if it is possible (due to a glitch ) to have the DS sign on dash while the lever is in Manual mode.

2007 BMW X3 3.0SI, Titanium Silver on Black Nevada, Technology, Premium, Winter, Premium Audio (Traded in)