View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i v8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
First off - GREAT thread!

Ok guys I need some help. I too get a vibration in the steering wheel - but only when I am braking medium to hard - from high speeds 140 kph and down. The vibration can be felt in the steering wheel only when braking from the 140 kph down to about 80 kph it stops. Also when I am just about to come to a complete stop... it feels to me that the brakes are grabbing or are warped. But they are not! I have only used German made suspension parts! No cheap Chinese stuff on my ride.

some of the things I have replaced on the front suspension(new parts)...

thrust arm (Meyle)
control arm (Meyle)
outer tie rods (Meyle)
inner tie rod - middle (Meyle)
wheel bearings (SKF)
brake rotors and pads (ATE)

tires are new and balanced.

I suspect that the thrust arms I got did not have the HD bushings that a lot of guys talk about. I am thinking I should have BMW HD bushings pressed into my thrust arms.

Any words of wisdom?
I had the same problem when I replaced my front end suspension with aftermarket Meyle units. I will never use them again.

The vibration under medium to hard braking went away once I had my BMW install OE thrust arm bushings. They only charged me 110 euros for the install(+60 for the bushings)... so I let them do the job. I am so happy that vibration is gone now. Especially when driving on the Autobahn it was a real PITA when braking.

I am sold on using BMW only parts. I am so tire of doing the same job twice or three times bc of cheaply made parts.