View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525 & 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDriven View Post
Well, my transmission problem is unresolved. My wife was stopped with her foot on the brake on Friday and the X3 made a huge bang and lurched forward. It was so severe she thought she had been rear-ended (she wasn't).

This time I was able to drive it to the dealer where I bought the car. When the service manager downloaded the data from the car there was a new error code. They are going to begin work on it tomorrow.
I am far from a car wizard but it seems to me that all of the electronically-controlled things in a car now makes it harder to fix them when something is messed up.

The writeup by the dealer on my recent problem with my steering was a technical mish mash to read. It talked about diagcodes and "performing available test plan." Then, they had to program the vehicle twice because the first time failed. Then the 2 front windows were not initialized (whatever that means) so they performed a short test and performed power-window-anti-trap-initialization (what does that mean).

I am not kidding. This is part of the writeup on my 2013 X3 28i. Do you think I have any confidence that the problem is fixed? No, I don't.

So, when you think you put your car in gear to go forward, don't be surprised if you back up. But, this might be one time you cannot blame your wife for what happens to the car so she should like this car.