View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 AM

Mein Auto: x5, m3
ccv changed....still issues, please HELP

Hello all, new to this forum...great venue, need deperate help..here goes. 2001 x5 3.0 6 cyl.

I live in Montreal, cold climate (o to -5 degree F winters), the truck is overnight garage kept, outside all day. Drove one day and smelled oil burning, realised the valve cover gasket was leaking on back rear pass side. said would fix that weekend, drove 3 miles further and engine siezed (hydrolock) after barelling smoke all of a sudden. Realised the valve cover was because of the CCV pressure. Had it towed, removed plugs..followed proceedures vacuumed all oil out, installed complete CCV kit, new hoses, changed oil, new plugs, replace valve cover gasket and drove for 2 weeks no problems. Even did the ballon test at the time on dipstick..seemed ok little vacuum=ok.

After the 2 weeks, did a maintenance check and noticed yellow mayo in oil cap area again, pulled hose from valve cover near rad and found blocked with ice and yellow mayo so cleaned line again, and did more research, realised I never updated the dipstick tube... so changed that. Drove 2 days no issues then today (33 degree F) driving uphill (forcing engine a bit) it chugged 3 times and barreled smoke again breifly. stopped engine on side of road, waited a few minutes and started up again, it seemed to barely smoke, let it burn off at idle, drove 3 miles and hit a hill again, chugged again and barelled smoke out, this time I continued to drive and it cleared up...got home and checked hose and cap (a little yellow mustard)
I am at a loss....changed all parts that were said to, changed the dipstick tube (upgraded) and I still have issues...what did I do wrong????
HELP please...I need this truck yet it is not trustworthy anymore....

thanks to all that chime in.

Last edited by toddster911; 04-03-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisement