View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75070 View Post
I've had this problem intermittently for well over a year. Had it checked by an independent and by the dealer on two separate occasions when it was lit but neither could find a cause and just reset the light. Sometimes I get it if I fill the tank with other than Top Tier gas. I put a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and make sure I only use Top Tier gas and within a couple of tanks the Service Engine Soon light with the "Increased Emissions" warning goes out. That's not to say that there isn't really an underlying cause in your case.

There area number of other intermittent problems I have had with this car. The latest was the SOS Malfunction warning. That went away over night. Same with the 'mute' function stuck in 'mute' mode. I think there was one other but I don't recall what it was. It seems the car has the ability to "heal itself" if left to go to sleep.
Hey bro here,s a trick for the mute button lag,,, member boramkiv hooked me up with,,,,,

Originally Posted by boramkiv
If you have navigation, push and hold the eject button for both CD and navigation and the mute button.
Push and hold all three until the screen goes blank. It will reboot and all should be good to go.