View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 528-530 Hybrid, Duc. 748
Quote:
And I'll buy the first CCV.
Realistically: how long do you think until it's ready? Or: realistically, there isn't a good solution in sight as of yet?
I still am 100% convinced and committed to the current design concept. The main problem has been the success of the other G.A.S. products and the lack of human resources to ease some of my load so that I can devote serious time to the CCV.

I just received our second FDM rapid prototype for fitment testing. The mounting location is very constrained and it's been a challenge to juggle the dimensions to allow easy access to removing the cap for servicing the unit. Once the physical dimensions are worked out I can make a real functional prototype for testing.

As far as the human resources issues goes; our engineering intern has postponed finishing his degree and is now working here full time to help move things along (although I share him with my partners engineering firm). I'm also currently interviewing accounting applicants to take over my accounting responsibilities, which will free up even more of my time. Long term prospects for having a lot more design and engineering time look good, but short term is still a problem due to tax season and getting the new personnel up to speed.

We are also looking at the prospects of purchasing a new live tooling 4-axis cnc lathe in the fall. It would be a big asset in machining a lot of the CCV parts as well as some of our other current products. Rest assured that the CCV will go into production with or without the new lathe. The new lathe will just lower the production times and cost.

We have a bunch of REALLY good product ideas in the pipeline, just not enough people right now to help see them to fruition. Once a few more products are on line, the cash flow will help allow us to bring additional people on board. We have 3.5 really good design people right now, so further personnel additions will probably be machinists.

I'm sorry this has been dragging on for so long, please do not get discouraged or think that there is a lack of commitment on our end to see the product through.

Gary

"I'm a little rascal on my Little Rascal"
- unknown