View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bad Luck 46
Door Lock and Alarm problem

Hey guys e36'er here.

My brother got an 01 X5 3.0 and his locks just started giving problems

At first it started as all the doors would lock with the remote except the driver door. (Alarm wouldnt arm)

after a couple tries it started to work normal again (all doors lock with alarm armed)

Few days later the car sees the driver door being open all the time even though its closed and the dome light would stay lit. Along with this issue the driver door would no longer unlock or lock with the remote (so now the others lock/unlock with the remote, however the alarm wouldnt arm)

My brother also told me that the windows were acting up also he couldnt control the other windows from the driver door but they work fine on their own switches

Based off what we search online (xoutpost, etc...) we unplugged the battery for a couple minutes then the car just didnt see the driver door at all. now when the door it open the car doesnt register it as open but reports other doors.

Driver door still doesnt lock with remote but locks with the key. Even with the key the other doors dont lock unless you use the remote.

The redlight under mirror blinks fast after using the remote

As of now the car has a new window switch for the driver door but from what i assume nothing changed

any ideas?

would a new lock actuator solve this problem?

-Dino
Advertisement