View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 M-sport
Choices choices.

My initial reason not to order the technology package was the ridiculously high prices for map updates. I browsed around in the forum and it looks like there is a member who can provide updates for $50. So this is a non-issue. Is BMW remote services worth it? I am definitely not going to use the apps. What is BMW online?

One thing that I like about my current garmin GPS is lane assist. It tells me which lane to stay in for upcoming exits. Really handy when traveling in unknown destinations. Do we have something like this in BMW?

So premium sound is a big NO. Correct? The X1 and X5's come with Harmon-Kardon speakers. X3's still come with cheap generic "BMW high grade" speakers.

I can add dynamic handling and top view but that will raise the final price of the car to about 54.5K (invoice + all the dealer crap fee).

On one hand, I had a budget in mind and will overshoot it by almost 6K (after considering all taxes). On the other hand, paying 6K over 5 years is nothing.

Again, what do you guys think about removing M-sport and sticking to stock package + dynamic handling?

One other option is to downgrade the engine to 28i (I would really hate to do that). Might test drive both engines again tomorrow

Last edited by vzx; 03-28-2013 at 05:03 PM.