View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzx View Post
Except that in 10 years one would be a decade older and missed out on all the fun

I plan to drive my X3 till 100K+ miles over the next 8 years. 50K well spent.

So I finally decided to get the technology package, top view cams, m-sport, cold weather, premium. 53K total (+ taxes extra)

The only things I'm on the edge for are dynamic handling and premium sound. I drive approx 12K a year and approximately 70% is city driving. Not sure how dynamic handling will help.
Top view is one of my favorite features, really helps with parking. Like others I think it just looks silly not to have built in Nav system in a 50k vehical and it has work well for me. You also get a large screen for the other functions that use the screen. It does also have a lane change feature to tell you what lane to stay in like the garmins. When I ordered mine I got everything but the M-sport, hud, and dynamic handling. Like you I wanted to stay within my budget so I just stuck with what was most important to me.

M-sport is mostly cosmetic and it wasn't worth 3,000 to me

Hud - it was neat but not worth the price

dynamic handling - a lot of people swear by it but I liked the ride and handling of the stock setup so again it wasn't worth the cost to get it.

I did spring for the premium sound, I think it sounds pretty good and includes XM as well. 900 bucks seemed like a good deal to me.