View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by S197 View Post
I have to agree 100% on ALL OF THIS. I just had a 2013 328i coupe as a loaner while our 2012 328i sedan had to have the software updated. I'm sorry to all the 328i E90 owners, but that car is not in the same league as the F30. Our 2012 is the first BMW I've owned or even driven. Its a pure joy, great car and extremely fast for what it is. Its my wife's DD, mine is a modified 2011 Mustang GT. Driving the 328i coupe was way closer to driving my mustang than driving her sedan, except it was slower than both. That car has no get up and is a lot louder and harsher. The coupe had the M sport package which came with 18's, but I doubt that's the problem because my mustang has 20's. Of course the BMW has a better interior and no inside rattles (unlike my mustang), but was still a big let down.

I found this thread because I was trying to figure out why the coupe was such a let down. That 20% difference (mainly engine & transmission) puts the F30 FAR ahead of the E90. Ridiculously far.
Yes, I had an E90 335 and now an F30 335. I loved my E90, don't get me wrong, but seriously, I love my F30 335 much much more. I already wrote a lot of reviews on my new car, so I'm not going to go into a lot of details...

First of all, DHP is really nice. Love the different modes in DHP. Never had that on my E90. I think the performance is much better. Not really talking about 0-60, but I'm talking about performance across the entire band 20 to 50, 10 to 40, 30 to 60, etc. It's just much better; especially when in Sport Mode. iDrive is better. HK sound system is much better than the HK in the E90, handling is just as good, rear view camera is a big plus, instrumentation is better. Just about everything is. Most of all, the new 8 speed sport transmission is WAY BETTER than the old 6 speed Steptronic

However, there are 2 things I noticed...

1) Sport Seats. I am getting used to them, but I think I like the regular seats I had in my e90 better. I know. I'm the exception to the rule, and besides, this has nothing to do with the F30 vs the E90 anyway... It's just a matter of seat preference.

2) Steering. After 2 weeks, I think I discovered a scenario in which the steering feels a little vague like some have suggested. It's on straight-aways. If you make a subtle turn to the left or right, you can notice it, but on most roads, I don't notice it that much at all. Overall, I would say the steering is still very good, but maybe not as good as the E90. In addition, I would say that the steering in no way negates the F30 relative to the E90.