View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
There was a time when a stripped 3 Series was a noble decision. You could live without the options and still get a tight performance car. But today, that's not the case. It's important to note that.
You keep saying this, but it's kind of a stretch. I can think of one option that's required to get a stripped tight performance car: add DHP. That's it. So while your statement is technically true, it's not that big of a deal to just add DHP. Voila, you have a stripped car that still drives like a BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s
If one is looking for "value", a stripped 3 Series is a terrible choice.
This I completely disagree with. As an owner of a stripped E90, I can say that I'm excited every time I have to drive my car somewhere. I love the way it looks, the interior, and of course the way it drives. And I don't even have power seats!

It just depends on what you compare it with. Compared to your current car, yeah, it may seem a bit outdated and let's be honest...maybe even in a totally different car category. But compared to anything I owned before, it's amazing. As far as actual driving, it's definitely no slouch, and it still has a real sporty suspension, unlike yours And a stripped F30 will actually have more stuff than a stripped E90...just have to do your research and add DHP (or sports line) to get the real BMW feel.

It seems that perhaps we have a different understanding of the word "performance". For me it means just the actual driving performance of the car. And BMW hasn't lost that with the F30, even if you get a completely stripped car with DHP.

Lastly, have to give credit where it's due. It's people like you that allowed people like me to find this stuff out and get it right before ordering

Last edited by Supermax; 03-31-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: suspension, not transmission, lol