View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 PM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Nobody else makes a car like the 320i - is there another car I can buy for $35k that is rear drive, 6 speed manual, M sport suspension and manual sport seats, no moonroof - the perfect track car setup? This would be the lightest 3 series possible, and should handle great with that light motor up front.

I can't think of any other maker who sells a car like that. That's what's great about BMW. But I agree, a smaller 1 series sedan would be nice, and BMW is supposedly going to give us that.
+1

And while it used to be blasphemous to say that a weaker engine could create the better 3 Series, that's not necessarily the case anymore.

With the smaller powerplant, it's conceivable that one doesn't need the Sport package and it's Adaptive M Supension on the 320i, might be tight in the corners as-is because it has less power, less torque, lighter weight, might escape the body roll issue.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House