View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i m-sport EB2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
A 3 is not a 5. The size may have caught up, but the quality is still a 3.
i really don't think the current 3 loses out much to even the current 5.

the main things it seems like buying a 5 lets you get are things like even higher trim options like nicer leather (nappa leather option) or say ventilated seats or for example a bang and olufsen system instead of HK (b&o is better than HK). things like soft close doors, ceramic control surfaces, rear seat entertainment, and night vision that you can get on the 5, but are options. oh and its bigger, which isnt even necessarily a good thing for lots of people. i guess it depends on what you consider quality. quality is not the same as available features right?

everytime i've sat in a F10 5 series, it doesnt strike me as "much better quality" or anything like that other than being bigger.

if you sit in an equiavlently optioned 528i vs a 328i with roughly equivalent options i don't think you sit there thinking, yeah this 528i is better quality. maybe if you get a loaded 535i with every possible option vs a 335i with every option available there'd be a few differences (as i noted above) but nothing mind blowing

maybe if you are comparing a 7 seires and a 3, but the "middle child" in most of the luxury makes doesn't ever seem much better than the lower one just bigger (i feel the same way about the current A4 / A6)

Last edited by hans007; 03-31-2013 at 02:05 PM.