View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzx View Post
Just noticed that if I ordered the 2014 X3 M-sport package I get the option of selecting

Delete sport suspension (which means I will have standard suspension) and go for dynamic damper control. In addition, it will also have performance control.

So In essence, if I add the DHP package on top of the M-sport, the only addition I get is Variable sport steering. Not sure if that is worth the $1300 upgrade.

I read a lot about DHP here and at X3bimmers forums. From what I understand, DHP adds the capacity to change chasis / suspension responsiveness when we switch from comfort --> sport --> sport plus. Without DHP it would be more of a throttle response only.

Since this would be my daily commute car as well (35 miles roundtrip), I certainly do not want to be stuck in a stiff sport suspension all the time. Having some control over my suspension would be great.

So I'm assuming that I will get this with removing sport suspension and adding DDC on the M-sport package. I probably do not need to add DHP to get the variable sport steering. What does it do differently anyway?
When I was ordering my 2014 X3, we were not able to get the DDC eventhough it said Sport Suspension delete. You have to add DHP inorder to get the DDC, so I went ahead and added the DHP for 1300. You can have your dealer configure it in their system to see if it allowed. I checked at 2 dealerships and it did not give an option to choose between SSD or DDC.
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline