View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive 3.0i
Update from SA

So took the car in and this is what is written on the service record:

"Scanned vehicle, fault in DME about vehicle electrical sys and electric fan. energr diagnosis done. Battery OK but low on charge. Need to be recharged. Check function of electric fan. Activated working fine. Road tested on highway speed working good. Road test from 74429 km to 74449 km OK. Recharged battery and retested OK"

I am not sure what this means and when I asked they were not able to explain why the battery was low on charge. Do you guys know what "DME" and "energr diagnosis" mean?

Now I found out that my AC is not working. No cold air coming at all. Not sure if it is related but will take it in on April 19 to be checked out. Will post updates.

Warranty runs out in two months maybe I should purchase some sort of extended warranty

Cheers,

MSV

2007 BMW X3 3.0SI, Titanium Silver on Black Nevada, Technology, Premium, Winter, Premium Audio (Traded in)