View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 01:48 AM
Track-tard

Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe, '10 535 SW
Actually the car is ours, my father bought it for himself for his 70th birthday!! (pretty cool). He lives in Montecarlo and that is where the car lives as well, a great reason to visit I got disqualified from the "competition" part because it was a regularity contest meaning whoever went closest to an average speed of 70 kph (that's a time of 2'53''160) won.... (insurance, FIA regulations) Sorry I had more fun. The cirucuit is fiendlishly hard, there is only one braking area which is in a straight line, every other one is either on a bump, downhill or on a slight turn in. I could have gone faster but I misunderstood the ground rules: I thought I would get black flagged if I went too fast on the lap so I let up on the finish straight. I also, not knowing the track too well, did not take the (much tighter than it looks on tv) tunnel turn at full throttle. But just to put things in prospective the winner of one of the historic heats turned a winning lap at 2'21'' in a 1927 Bugatti!!!!!! and I tell you I was going at a good 85% in the corners. F1 cars turn at 1'30'' something which just seems just like Sci fi....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mc3.jpeg
Views:	441
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1601