View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 550i
It was overcast for most of the day so I didn't take photographs.

I read the manual and I dialed in the settings. I spent a couple of hours trying to export my profile from my 550i and import them into the X3 via a USB thumb drive. After multiple attempts using different file formats without success I just prepared the profiles manually. Using the Apple USB lightening cable I easily played music from my iPhone 5 on the X3. Album art transferred flawlessly. The music sounded great on the optional Premium Hi-Fi Audio System. The menus in the new iDrive use the same logic as prior iterations. They have been enhanced and the default cursor position on each screen is incredibly well thought out and logical. I drove the X3 for a few errands. Sport mode is fun, however it kills the fuel economy. Eco Pro is really impressive in terms of optimizing gas mileage, but not much fun.

When I retire, hopefully not for another 20 years, and we downsize to one car, the X3 would be perfect. The X3 is an incredible blend of performance, utility, design, and engineering. My 550i is a fine car with many fine qualities. In comparison, the X3 does many things really well and is a great value. IMO it is the best value proposition in the BMW line up and is peerless in its class of small to midsize SUV's. The 2014 X3 is extremely impressive and exceeded my high expectations.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired