View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
We just pick up our 13 X3 35i and I must agree with some of the points here in this thread, the X3 does tend to drift at high wind condition when driven over 75 MPH or so. Compare to our last 2 SUV, the Q5 and the Lexus RX450h, the X3 is a bit more unpredictable at high wind. Since it is a BMW, I expected it to be very stable at high speed, I must say I am a bit disappointed. I don't think its the electric steering since our Lexus had electric steering as well and did not behave like the X3 at high wind. The Lexus' suspension was also softer than the X3, so I don't think that is the problem either. I am thinking it must be the aerodynamics of the X3 that is causing the problem.
Hmmm...not my experience. Yesterday we drove out to the mountains of Western Maryland where traffic usually moves at speeds substantially above the posted limits. Most of my driving was done in sport mode, although I occasionally used comfort. We were both were moved to comment on the quiet competency and stability of the X3 at high speed. My car is a 35i M Sport with DHP built in 2/13. I will have a hightened sensitivity to this potential issue.