View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi,

Looks like you've researched quite a lot, but will need to keep on looking into things. I say that as as far as I'm aware, to run oem Bluetooth in an E39 means also having the 16:9 widescreen/GPS setup as a pre-requisite. It's the information that I and a few others have mentioned on the UK side of things and as yet, I've not had anyone say that what I've (and others) have said there be called incorrect. Perhaps US E39's can have one of the more basic oem audio setups for bluetooth? - in the link posted by 540 M Sport, the 'non navigation' BT option is on an E46 head unit

So, you'll 'most likely' need to retrofit the widescreen GPS/Audio setup and then spend more on getting the right Bluetooth module, loom etc and then fit that. Cost's will most likely be north of $2000+. If you *must* keep oem audio modules, I think this is way you'll need to go.

An alternative would be a sun visor type bluetooth option from the likes of Supertooth, Motorola, Parrot, Scosche etc etc - no messing around with wiring and can be used in different cars - just take it with you! high quality branded name units will be perhaps $75 and upwards to perhaps $150 or so? I used this type of setup for quite a few years and just about to get the Parrot Neo sun visor unit

Cheers, Dennis!