He is ordering in early June, production doesn't start on the F32 4 series until July. Generally after being produced -
Originally Posted by chris328
so you're ordering in early June and wont have it until mid sept? I thought it only takes 3-4 weeks.
- Car waits for shipping to the port of exit - can be a few days
- Car sits at the port waiting for a ship to transport it - again, can be a few days
- Car gets on the boat and ships to the port of entry in the US. East Coast deliveries take 2 to 3 weeks. West Coast deliveries take an extra week or two.
- Car arrives and goes through the Vehicle Prep Center - Variable but a day or two generally
- Shipping to your BMW Center - Any number of days depending on how far away your dealer is from the prep center
A good overall look at the order tracking can be found here:
First Drive: 500 miles with the 4 series coupe
Last edited by pix335i; 04-19-2013 at 08:13 AM.