View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
DME is the engine computer.

I assume the energy diagnosis is them looking at the history of energy use/recharge/driving patterns...

Your 2009 battery is close to 6 years old. BMWs start doing funny things as the batteries get old. I'd think about a new one, but NEVER at a dealership

GL

A
Took the X5 in today and, as you always recommend, asked to talk to the Master Tech. I was expecting a response along the lines of "he is busy now" but surprisingly he showed up very quickly. I explained my concerns regarding the odd fan behaviour and AC not blowing cold air and mentioned that my warranty is close to expiring. He was very respectful and listened carefully and recommended adding a few lines to the service request. I shall wait and see what he comes up with.

When I asked his opinion about getting an extended warranty, acknowledging that this is a personal decision, he said that the I6 is reliable and he has not seen too many major issues with this engine. And the smaller issues are typically not covered by a third-party warranty. I will post an update when I hear from them. Oh, and the guy had a German accent, I hope that helps with diagnosing BMW issues ))

Cheers

2007 BMW X3 3.0SI, Titanium Silver on Black Nevada, Technology, Premium, Winter, Premium Audio (Traded in)