View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 535i
2013 X3 28i MPG - Yet to break 20

Below is a listing from a spreadsheet I keep on all my vehicles. This one is for our X3, which we picked up in January. As you will notice, we have yet to break the 20 MPG barrier. Last fill up was the worst where we got an unbelievable 17 MPG.

Now I checked under the hood, it is a 4 cylinder turbo. There isn't a hidden six or eight under the hood, it's a four.

For comparison my 2011 Nissan 4x4 with a V6 is pulling down 19.1 MPG average for the year and the best weekly MPG was 20.9.

I was willing to give some time for gas stations to use up all the crapoline we get stuck using from October to March, but by these numbers, nothing is improving the overall MPG and we should be well past crapoline gas.

My wife is the primary driver and she runs the tranny in D and comfort mode on. Her usual trips consist of anywhere between 16 miles back and forth (total) to work to some long trips across the county. She also uses the start/stop feature and she's not the first and fastest to pull away from the light.

I've compared what the X3 says on the on-board consumption to my numbers and they are pretty close.

At this point I'm ready to drag the thing into the dealer for a checkup. My impressions of this before purchasing was we would at least be getting in the mid 20's around town. That is obviously not happening. We were getting better mileage in the totaled 09 listed below and that car was a hell of a lot nicer, and faster, ride.

Any comments?

Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x3.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	372438  
In garage - 2013 X3 x28i, Sport Activity, Convenience, Cold Weather I, and Premium Packages, Rear View Camera, Park Distance Control, Sat Radio, BMW Assist w/ Enhanced Bluetooth. Black Sapphire with Black Nevada seats.

Previous BMW's
2007 525i - Totaled -->http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664410
2008 535i - Traded in
2009 535i - Totaled

Last edited by Fighterpilot; 04-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Ads by Google