View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 540i BMW
Hello Bennt771, ok here is the latest. First Thank you for asking I disconnected the lines pre to the fuel filter and still no gas comes out. So I started to search about the fuel pump and how to check it. Yesterday, I took the back seat out (and found some change ) and was a little confused because there were wires on both sides of the seat and I was starting to think there were two fuel pumps but no the pump is on the passenger side. I took the fuel relay out and inserted a jumper wire and the pump came on but only stayed on for about five seconds. Then I did it again and the same thing so I started a new thread about this which edjack replied and said it could be a failing pump and to check it with a pressure gauge. So tomorrow I plan to get a pressure gauge and see what happens. with work,school and wife/kid, I try to work on it as much as I can. If you have any ideas for me, I would really appreciate it. I don't want to buy another expensive part to find out I didn't need it. Thank again.