View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaland View Post
Noticed they are labeled as "all-season". Is it summer tires or not?

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...mmentStatus=P#

There is no such thing as an all season tyre (at least where i come from).
There are summer tires and there are winter tires with or without spikes. I hope these non spikes is not what is called "all season" at tirerack, because if it is, they are useless or more correct, flat out dangerous in summertime, and not what i will receive. "all seasons" if one should be allowed to call them that (which one should not) are winter tires.
All season tires perform adequately in the winter and summer. They do not have "spikes"- actually the term is studs and they don't have these. Some winter tires come with studs although they are illegal in some US States since their grip is so harsh they damage roads very easily. Yes, the absolute best performance would be to have 2 sets of tires- one for snowy conditions- winter, one for other seasons- summer.

Living in NJ I've found all seasons to do a very nice job for all my cars for years. We live on a mountain, we drive 60 miles to go skiing and get a great deal of snow some seasons.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Continental RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.