View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: Nothing yet
So sorry to hear about your friend pharding, I will keep my eyes open for sure. This is my second tour and I have been in the Army for 11 years...going faster than I expected but defintely ready to never come back to the middle east again that's for sure!

Thanks for the input! I have always been a huge fan of brown leather. I was thinking black exterior, but I saw pics of the silver on this forum with the M Sport package and I couldn't turn it down. I don't like the black interior only because I live in GA and it it gets pretty warm. The brown I think breaks up the interior nicely so it distinguishes the seats from the rest of the car...but hopefully it looks good with silver! One of the main reasons I am considering DHP, is because there have been multiple people on this forum that say it is like having "3 different cars". Am I correct in saying that without DHP, I CANNOT adjust the "feel" of the car (soft or sporty). It would be nice to switch to the more comfortable modes for long drives, and sport modes for city driving...I hope the DHP is what everyone is saying it is...or can you switch between comfort and sport with ONLY the M sport?

I test drove the 28i and the 35i and was blown away by the responsivness of the 35i. The 28i was still very good compared to every crossover I tried but the 35i just gave me that "emotional rush" that I require when I am looking at a new car! How does your X3 hold up in the snow? Do you have a tow package on it? I tried going through BMW military sales, but with my USAA military discount and APR discount from USAA the price came out to about the same, plus the dealer in my hometown will build the car with only $1500 down, and I can save up for the next 5 months and put down a much larger down payment. So in the end it worked out. The "Base" price they started at was about $44k.