View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 535i
Finally broke thru 20 MPG

So the wife was out of town this week and I had a chance to drive the X3 three times this week. My trip to work is 30 miles one way and only about 4 of it is in lighted traffic. Once on the highway I set the cruise to 65-70 and used the Eco Pro mode (what a pooch). In town I use Sport mode and manual shift.

So I fill up today and find the average mileage is 22.0 MPG. Finally!!!. The car however reported 19.6 MPG on the iDrive. One thing I did notice is that when I would check the trip meter mileage for a certain trip I could get iDrive to report almost 25 MPG for the highway driving.

So apparently this turbo 4 is no more efficient in the city than our former twin turbo six in our 535i. That was not expected. On the highway I'd say MPG between the turbo 4 and the turbo six is equal as well. We could easily pull down mid 20s MPG in our 535i all the while running upwards of 80 to 90 miles an hour. I'm not sure of the weight differential right now between the X3 and the 535 and the drag is something else to be considered.
In garage - 2013 X3 x28i, Sport Activity, Convenience, Cold Weather I, and Premium Packages, Rear View Camera, Park Distance Control, Sat Radio, BMW Assist w/ Enhanced Bluetooth. Black Sapphire with Black Nevada seats.

Previous BMW's
2007 525i - Totaled -->http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664410
2008 535i - Traded in
2009 535i - Totaled