View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Can't take any pictures now that the valleypan is back in and put back together. My son is an amazing mechanic, 28 years old, gifted. He fixed my wifes 745i this weekend by replacing the bridge seal adapter inside the tranny. I called the distributor for ZF transmissions and he said that 99% of the time the bridge seals crack and needs to be replaced. We were getting the 507c, 507b, 4F97 codes in Inpa. After fixing the bridge seal the codes cleared themselves. Car has a lot more power because the crack adapter seal is a pressure loss causing all kinds of codes.

Getting back to the coolant fix, he bought the valley pan tube from the dealer and at the end it had an o-ring. Instead of coming in from the front of the car and taking apart all that crap he had access to the back of the engine block because the exhaust and tranny was taken off to fix the coolant cover on the back of the engine. That cover wasn't leaking but we replaced it anyways. He cut the o-ring off the tube and was able to install the tube from the rear of the engine block and then glued the o-ring back on with windshield adhesive. Then made the valley pan seal with the same stuff. I've been running the car now for a couple months and not a drop is leaking.
All I have left to do is head gasket and tranny change with new bridge seal.

2006 750 I