View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponti33609 View Post
Question - would any of you guys use these if you lived in a nice weather state or not neccessary? I was contemplating for the cargo only for Home Depot trips etc.
I had the rubber mats and the cargo liner in my '05 X3 (all made by BMW).

While I live in a cold weather state, the mats were just as useful here in the summer because they kept the rocks and gravel out of the carpet. My driveway is a quarter mile dirt road. Also very useful when we traveled to the beach along the Texas Gulf to keep the sand out of the carpet. The cargo liner was also a good investment. There were a couple of times when that sack of dog food developed a hole and dumped half the bag in the cargo area. Cleanup was a breeze - make a funnel out of the mat and sweep the spilled kibble back into a bag. Without the mat, I would have spent the day picking it out of the tie-down channels with tweezers!

Some sort of non-carpeted floor protection is definitely going in the new X3...

For my new model I am trying to decide between the rubber mats and the rubber liners....

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine