View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbw440 View Post
Depending on where you live. If you encounter any snow. I would go with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 from Discount tires and get certificates for them.
I concur with Herb...

On my E83 X3 with 17" tires, I tried Pirellis and MXM4 Michelin. The Michelins gave me a better ride, handling and wear on that E83. I have also purchased my tires at Discount since they have outlets across the US.

I cannot comment on what will work best on my new F25 since it has less than 500 miles on it. But when the current RFTs get thin, I, too, will be seriously considering replacing them with regular rubber.

I will agree that summer tires in the summer and winter tires in the winter are the best choice to maximize ride and handling. However, I have never wanted to spend the money to keep two sets of tires/wheels and to take the time to swap them each season...and when is that exactly in Colorado???

So I have opted for a good all season. The MXM4s did not lose grip on wet pavement, provided good handling through curves on public roads as fast as I wanted to take them and would handle deep snow going up my driveway (.25 mi long, 200 ft vertical change) in the Colorado winter.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine