Thread: Neutral
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Those are the two procedure I am familar with as well. Have anyone actually tried any of these procedure before? There are so many variations of the 1st procedure online, I am not sure which one actually works. The 1st procedure is great if the car still have electrical power, but if the battery dead, how do I get a BMW tech to release my transmsiion and put it on a tow truck. I know for a fact that the tow truck driver and the lady on the other end of BMW road side assist do not know anything about the 2nd procedure.
I have never personally encountered this situation nor have I tried either one.

To answre your question in the hypothetical I can think of these options:
  1. Indignant customer approach - BMW assist is supposed to send a tow vehicle that can get your car back to the dealer - tell them to send another tow truck. Refuse to allow the vehicle to be moved until they send a properly trained person. Be prepared to get a hotel room
  2. Do it yourself approach - jack up the car, lower the panel and do it yourself. The picture does not look like it is that difficult. Carry a copy fo the instructions with you
  3. Coaching Approach - Get the tow truck driver to lift the vehicle and crawl under there and do it herself. You hand her the tools and read her the instructions off the page you got out of the manual.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine