View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
Picked up my car on 25 Apr, CA sent in my BMW Assist registration that day. We tested it together in the parking lot of the dealer. The BMW Assist person recognized the car and VIN, but did not have the registration on file. Web browsing, weather, news, etc. were not available. They said that all the voice activated services were available - they would read me directions, they would find a location, they could call for service, they would respond in the event of a collision. The essential emergency stuff was in place. The new data services were pending computer upload.

On 29 Apr, I spoke with customer servcice. They said they had a computer problem and a backlog of registrations. They still did not see my registration complete. Said it could take as long as 1 May 2013 to get the backlog cleared.

On 30 Apr, I tested it again and all the data services were there - web browsing,etc. I connected via the SOS button to the BMW Assist center and while they recognized my car and position, they still did not see my name and registration complete. I tried sending a map from Google and that still did not work. And it does not work today.

Conclusion: BMW Assist is half working If I need service or emergency directions or whatever, they will talk to me and are very nice people. However, all the data services are still not working 100%. When everything is finally working correctly, I will be sure they have the correct end date for the free service

I am at the same place, half working and getting kind of tired of it. It's been three weeks!!!
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi