View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassesq View Post
Originally my order was going to be for a 28i which among other options was to have PDC and Rear View Cam. I didn't want the Driver Assist Package with top view cam. In discussing 28i vs 35i we said price diff between 28i and 35i was $2,500. The next day I called and we changed the order to a 35i yet when the pricing was being worked up the car was coming up about $2,700- $2,800 more for car with same options (obviously my 35i would include some standard stuff that was extra on 28i) and I could not figure out why. We did this by phone and he sent me a list of the options being ordered on the car and it was only with RVC and PDC.

On the tracking site I now see the car shows the Driver Assistance Package with top view cam. So now I know why the price diff.

Question, this is my 4th car with the sales guy and I think he gave me a good deal at about $500 over invoice so I am hesitant to say anything, but I know I could. I don't want to mess up a nice relationship. Is the top view cam useful as I didn't think I needed it or wanted it. If you guys think it is then I will just keep quiet. If it is just fluff then I suppose I could save $200.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Steve
How did you find it out from the tracking website? I ordered driver assistance package without topview camera but the website still lists it. I think it is just that the website technicians did not code the webpage correctly and simply listed out all the available options under driver assistance package.

In my case, I can see both "Rear-view camera" and "Rear View Camera with Top View" are listed while they are actually mutually exclusive.