Thread: Tech Package
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec31 View Post
Does any one have a picture of the dash that comes with it? Also with HUD is a special windshield required (thinking ahead in case its cracked on the road)?
pharding posted pics of his here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=318

It does require a special windshield. There is a special coating and I think the specs on the shape are more tightly controlled.

Polarized lenses may or may not interfere with the display depending on the direction of polarization on the lens. My sunglasses obliterate the LED readout on the climate controls, but if I tilt my head on the side, they are perfectly readable. I would expect a similar issue with the HUD readout. Either get non-polarized glasses or get them with a different polarization (which could impact their effectiveness on sunlight reflected off bright surfaces).

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine