View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing yet
Cool Car or SAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Well I wish I could report great experiences but the reality is that I have only had my X3 since the end of February. I live 25 miles west of DC and we did not had a lot of snow. As far as rain, wind etc - my X3 has been a champ. I go to the mountains of Western Maryland and West Virginia several times a month with my German shepherd to explore, hike, and climb. I thought long and hard about the suitability of an X3 and the M Sport option....but in the end, the ground clearance was sufficient and the X3 comes with decent all seasons instead of performance tires. Yeah, all seasons are no substitute for dedicated snows but for the mid-Atlantic, I can get by. I traded a Mitsu Montero for my X3. The Mitsu could rock climb, go through 24" of snow and ford streams but it was no fun driving on the road. After 125K miles in my Mitsu I was ready for a change. I would love to have something like an X5M but the vehicle has about zero bad road capability which does not work for me. Of course, there are a bunch of alternatives if you need more off road capability, but they do not kick-ass like an X3 35i M Sport. Bottom line my X3 is a lot of fun to drive - fast - and so far it has not left me stranded in the mountains - I'm thinking, maybe my X3 35i M Sport threads the needle perfectly. I'm sure, Nick (my GSD) and I will challenge it in the coming months.
Oh ok so it hasn't been very long yet! I hope the excitement hasn't worn off! The other thing I am battling with is the 335i vs the X3. I feel like deep down the X3 is the perfect "everything" car, but there is that small part of me that just loves the feeling of a car too. It looks like you already have a car too, so that probably was not an issue for you? Do people compliment you on your choice? I don't see a lot of X3s in Savannah GA...I hope it stays that way, I don't like having the same car as everyone else!