View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
Do you maintain your x5 e53 yourself?...Your experience appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Put it this way, if you had to replace the sunroof, would you do it yourself? Gear box? Air Conditioner? Brake hydraulics system?, cv joints? Central locking system? Parking sensors. All I can say is good luck, because all these jobs I mention will undo most people's efforts, including their bank accounts.
if the person cant afford to DIY then they cant afford a dealer for sure, and probably shouldn't own the car. you cannot try and act like dealers get it right the first time and all the time either. plenty of stories on the fest that show that. if the problem is the mechatronic bridge seal on the zf trannies for 7 series the dealers have told people they need a new transmission at a cost of 6-9k. they came here and got the job done for under 1k at an indy or DIy and saved them self from needing lube at the dealer.

also on the flip side of the coin; there really ARE people that shouldn't DIY. some people are not mechanically inclined. but for those of us who are, it is not a big deal especially just regular maintenance.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i

Last edited by 745iguy; 05-04-2013 at 05:25 AM.