View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Put it this way, if you had to replace the sunroof, would you do it yourself? Gear box? Air Conditioner? Brake hydraulics system?, cv joints? Central locking system? Parking sensors. All I can say is good luck, because all these jobs I mention will undo most people's efforts, including their bank accounts.
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Why you need to replace sunroof at first place? E53 before facelift donít have problems with it as far as I know. Panoramic sunroofs for 9/2003-2006 models required maintenance first of all, but dealers prefer to recommend expensive replacement (as they are making money).
Not a big deal to remove-refit gearbox. Fixing its internals is for skilled people and dealers using specialized companies to fix transmissions. Do you really need a middle man there?
A/C -any authorised (for A/C works) workshop can charge it if required. What the problem with this?
What you mean under Brake hydraulics system? Replacing ABS/DSC unit or pads/rotors remove-refit?
CV joints must be done only by BMW dealer: itís a rocket since to replace them as a unit, and the main problem is to replace rubber boots.
Central locking system - you not replacing it as a complete system, donít you?
Parking sensors -use INPA or DIS to find which one is faulty and replace it, no programming or coding required.