View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
Perhaps you are right. I am not sure they will do this but the level of work that is needed to fix these issues is more involved than you might think. There was one more issue on the interior...there is a rubber piece that sits just below the soft top/leather trim piece between the window and this piece. That rubber trim was installed uneven and half of it is above the leather so when you look across from the driver's seat, you notice it readily.

So, as I see it, this is what needs to happen on a week old car.

1. Order two side view mirrors, which do not come painted. Paint them to match Carbon Black (hopefully they do!). Also make sure that any gaskets/seals are done better than the mirrors on there right now.

2. Install/Order/Adjust the piano black trim piece along with the rubber piping around the driver's side rear door. I noticed that the rubber piping along the top of this window is also uneven when comparing a much better job done on the passenger side rear door.

3. For the roof rail on the passenger side, any tightening, replacement, or adjustment involves REMOVING the headliner on the inside as all access to the rails is performed from the interior.

4. For the rubber trim on the interior, remove the inside door panel to readjust.'

5. Order and replace the shadow line aluminum trim that is cracked.

Can all this be done? I'm sure of it...

Should it be done and will things go back 100% after the installations? Big unknown!!!