View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
sfiermon, you really do have issues that BMW needs to address for you. Those pieces should not be like that.

It would be great if BMW tested each car over the same test track with a battery of calibrated microphones inside to detect noises. Until then we are left with our individual perceptions of our experiences...

My new F25 X3 is significantly quieter than my '05 E83. I am pretty sensitive to car noises (ask my wife) and I am not detecting an issue that bothers me.

We drove the car ~250 miles yesterday in a combination of mountain roads, open interstate (higher speeds than 75 mph, but I will not document exactly how high - let's just say I stretched her legs a bit), urban interstate and urban surface roads. I did not notice a wind noise or road noise problem. No significant or persistant whistling noises. There were fairly high winds yesterday afternoon on the way back and I did not experience a wind noise or handling issue due to the gusty crosswinds between Colorado Springs and Denver.

Yes we had the sound system on, so the correct statement was that any noise from wind, etc., was not so loud as to interfere with the enjoyment of the audio (folk on the way home, classical on the way there).

This is not to dispute that any one of you does or does not have an issue wth your car, just that I am not having a problem with my car (at this time).

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine