View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR_LVR View Post
I won't try to list all of my cars. It's fairly lengthy, but nothing like sleds list

My first BMW was a 1991 735i. I knew nothing about BMWs when I bought it and as it turned out, it had a lot of gremlins that I later found out were typical for the 7 series. Just too many bells and whistles. But ….. I was hooked on BMW from that point on.

My next one was my first 92 model E34 525i in silver. I loved the color because it hid dirt so well. I got 256K miles out of it before reverse went out on the transmission. I immediately fell in love with this car and this is where my long term love affair with the E34 started.

My 95 325is E36 was next. It was a nice little car. It was quicker than my E34Sold her with 241K and running strong after the DME swap. The transmission was also shifting perfectly when I sold it. The interior did is share of falling apart though.

Next I got a 2001 528i E39. The car was much more refined that the E34, but it to had a history of too many electrical gremlins. The main reason I sold it was because I did not trust the transmission. I got it with 120K miles, but it had the “lifetime” transmission fluid that I just didn’t trust. Too many people said that once it got to about 125K, it should not be changed. The main thing is that it would shift into OD at about 35-40 mpg. This sucked for driving around town. I could be doing 35 in town and need to accelerate the least little bit and it would downshift. My E34 doesn’t shift into overdrive (or perhaps it is torque converter lockup) until about 53 mph, so I don’t get all of that downshifting in town.

I just wasn’t happy with the E39 and my heart pined away for another E34. I found my current 92 525i with 85K original one owner miles. I paid a premium for it, but it was worth it because I haven’t had a lot of the nagging problems that a lot of people have.

And so, the lover affair continues.
My first e34 535 was a 91 and trans went out at 375,000mi. I just got another e34 about 2 months ago and really wishing I would have waited to find a e30. A e30 is one of the most fun cars to drive. And they are built like tanks!! I think the e34 is going up for sale after fest this weekend.
'97 740i - sold
'87 325es with chip - Sold(one of the worst mistakes of my life)
'86 325e - Sold
'90 525i - Current daily driver

I bought a Honda ONCE...