View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Re: Servotronic as an option?

With 500 miles in three days here in Europe, I can say I'm very glad I have servotronic. I test drove a 28i without it and I thought it was heavy for tight corners so if I had gone with the 28i I would have got it as an option but I got the 35i with it as standard. On long trips of a few hundred miles in one day in Europe it helps cut down on fatigue and is not too light IMO. On the alpenstrasse with tighter corners it's perfect for fast driving with less force and at 100mph it's tight for autobahn. I might be willing to say it might be a little light in the US that has slower speeds overall but I'm really a fan of it over here.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Edit. Had an unexpected chance to do the "moose" test at 80mph today when a semi swung its cab into the autobahns first lane around an apparently too sharply curved entrance which I was in. About a second of time was all I had to react and the car handled well and the steering was perfect for weighting during the turns. Also at 110mph the wheel felt nice on the Autobahn. I'll pay for the option if I have the choice after just 1300 miles now. I'm glad the 35 comes with it standard. Also comes in handy on so many places with tight corners...

Last edited by edx1; 05-22-2013 at 02:03 PM.