View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 06:18 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
I had a chance to use the Langka products yesterday. My analysis summary:

Great product for deep rock chips and deep scratches. Works as advertised, removing excess paint.

Its "okay" for scratches that penetrate thru to the primer (white finish showing, can feel it with fingernail) but in most cases one must again put touch up paint on and remove it again, until you get just the right removal of the paint with the Langka product. I found myself removing all the paint a couple of times in the shallow scratches, even with a light touch.

Overall, I'd say this product doesn't exactly replace the old fashioned method of sanding in *some cases* of shallow primer scratches, but its a "must have" on the detail shelf for those quick and dirty rock chips jobs.

I tried to photograph the "stages" I went thru, and before and after results, but as you can see, the reflection of my Jet Black is just too overwhelming to see anything. The pics below are the product ($44 with shipping) and a "Before" pic of paint applied to a shallow scratch. No "After" pic because frankly there was too much reflection, and this type of shallow scratch was difficult to see to begin with.
The full product contains a pre-paint cleaner (Alcohol would have been a good substitute), the "Blob" remover, a "Paint sealer" (P21S would have worked in a similiar fashion), a small paint brush (I had a few of these already) and a card ( a credit card would have been sufficient). I'd recommend getting just the "Blob" remover if you plan to purchase this, and use the products I suggested above for replacements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	133_3342.JPG
Views:	1640
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	30437   Click image for larger version

Name:	133_3343.JPG
Views:	2963
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	30438  

Last edited by Guest84; 05-15-2004 at 06:26 AM.