View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
I've had none of the things you mentioned happened as of yet. As for the screeching window, I say it isn't major only because they replaced the guide rails a year ago and it fixed it but now it has come back again. They tried to say it was because the windows are "too clean". Give me a break. It's going back in next week for a second attempt to fix it permanently. I just don't think they have a clue what to do with it. Otherwise, I've only had the car in for oil changes and its yearly service visit. Good luck with your decision
Thanks for your comments and I hope the window problem gets satisfactorily resolved. I completely agree with your sentiments. It's also good to hear you haven't had other problems. Hope it stays that way.

Given the myriad of problems on Q5 mentioned at http://forums.audiworld.com (especially troubling is the carbon buildup problem on their naturally aspirated engines), I'm leaning more towards X3. The prudent thing would be to get a Lexus RX as a colleague of mine recently did (she ditched her 3-series xdrive). But there's a line I won't cross.