View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: 325
RE: Getting the right resistor...there are two different ones listed ..but it's not obvious which one was right.

The only hiccup I ran into was when I ordered the FSU they sent me what the parts catalog showed...and it worked...but it had
a squarish head (all the pins were in a square area) not the triangle pattern of the new one.

The resistor worked fine...but it didn't fit in.

I figured it didn't matter much...it's inside the blower path I guess to cool the heat sink down...but I couldn't imagine it being
a big deal if it didn't fit right as far as performance.

Instead I called Autozone where I bought the part and they found another number a year newer (I have a 2000 528) and a slightly different
model (530) and it was the right one. It was about $50 and fine for my purposes.

I also learned to check the posts on this subject to make sure it was the right car. There were some other solutions...and they were
listed on E 39...but instructions were for different model. So I've learned to look at the car talked about in the thread first.

Also...be slow and patient like you said. Nothing needs to be forced.

I live where it's in the mid 90's (and often up in high 90's) so not having a/c wasn't even a consideration.

Now it's blowing hard and cool...and I love it.

Thanks for this post...very well done..thorough..I followed and it didn't take much time at all.