View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li, F250 V10, Ex 7.3L
Dave, sorry to hear about your problems. I need to ask though, if you bought it from a dealer, why did you take delivery of it if it did not function coming off the transportation truck? Seems like the dealer got a trade-in and did not even inspect it. I'd go after them, not anyone else. Yelp and BBB go a long way to get someone to get their stuff together.

also, check your battery charge, these cars crank long also if the battery is just a bit low. (even when the HPFPs are completely F-d, I know from experience) and I will only recommend the AGM-charger that BMW sells. It charges really REALLY slow, but tops the battery off without hammering it and damaging it like a standard trickle charger from my old garage might. I have had a well-charged battery that could quickly start a 760 with failed HPFP that was unable to maintain proper pressure while idling, so, long crank is usually combined with a low battery charge.

The other symptoms do sound HPFP-related, but those symptoms are mostly the result of the top diaphragms leaking gas into the tank vent system. I'd like to know if the dealer found gas in your tank vent system?